Celtic Names and Meanings
Are you on the look out for Celtic names and meanings for your child? Well, it does not matter whether you desire names from ancient Celtic folklore, classic names or even important names, you are sure to find beautiful Celtic names that will surely suit your baby, be it a girl or a boy. Listed below are some of the names and their meanings. They are:
- Kyleigh: This name also has a variation in the form of Kylie and it means ‘graceful’.
- Laisrian: The name means ‘romantic and strong’.
- Leine: The name also has variations in the form of Lainie and Laine. The name means ‘torch bearer’.
- Maeve: This name belongs to the Queen of the Fairies and simply means ‘intoxicating’.
- Moira: This particular name has several variations like Maura, Moire and Maire and it means ‘star of the sea’.
- Muadhnata: Originally Gaelic, this name means ‘little noble one’.
- Murainn: The name comes with variations like Moirean and Maureen. It means ‘born of the sea’.
- Nimue: This name belongs to a sorceress in a legend story who is believed to have stolen Lancelot when he was a baby. It means ‘remembrance’.
- Niamh: The name of an Irish sea god’s daughter. It means ‘beauty and brightness’.
- Nuala: It means ‘white of shoulders’ and is a variation of Fionnula.
- Onora: The name means ‘honorable’ and has a French variation in the form of Honore.
- Kenyon: This name means ‘strength’.
- Llyr: This is the name of a mythical king in Celtic legend stories.
- Lee: The name can also be used in addressing a pasture and it means ‘a healer’.
- Malcolm: This name is given to the person who serves St. Columba.
- Maddox: It means ‘compassionate’ ‘benevolent’.
- Morven: The name has variations in the form of Morvyn and Murvyn and simply means ‘mariner’.
- Niall: It also has variations like Neil and Neal and means ‘champion’.
- Owen: A beautiful name that means ‘young fighter’.
- Padrak: It has a variation in the form of Patrick and means ‘of noble blood’.
- Riordan: The name means ‘royal poet’.
- Ruadh: Pronounced “Roy”, it means ‘one who has red hair’.
- Sean: This name also has variations in the form of Shaun, Sian and Shawn. It means ‘the grace of God’.
Finding a list of Celtic names and meanings makes the task of choosing a Celtic name for your baby very much easier. Make the most of the list and choose a unique Celtic name for your baby without any stress.
No related posts.